Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cebu Sojourn

May 28, 2010.  For the second time around, I visited Cebu.  I don't want to really call it a visit since I've been there for like one day, but still my quick sojourn in the Queen City of the South brought reminiscent events and domicile feeling as I walked down the road where I once walked together with the Pubpipz (USA Publications Staff ) four years ago, and exactly the same date(2010) as I arrived there. I repined for those memories and I just wished my friends were there with me. Anyways, enough of this mushy stuff.  In the end, I enjoyed my solo trip.  My purpose of going to Cebu was actually to grab this interview request  from a publishing company, and whether I get employed or not, this is something which I would treasure for the rest of my life.  Honestly, I prefer Cebu than Manila,and I would really like to work there if given a chance. Well, here are the images of my so-called Cebu sojourn.

Sugbutel Bed and Bath. Thanks to my IYAS co-fellow Paul who recommended me this one-of-a-kind hotel where I stayed right after I landed on Mactan International Airport at 8PM.   Sugbutel is Cebu’s newest hostel with modern and elegant facilities. A new gateway to an affordable stay for the smart and practical traveler, from students on educational tours to traveling families and backpackers enjoying the multitude of activities here in Cebu. It is conveniently located less than 500 meters away from SM City Cebu and within minutes from the Port Area and the City’s business and shopping districts.(photo courtesy of www.sugbutel.com)



Asiatown IT Park.  It is located in Lahug, the city's business and economic zone.  The publishing company is situated at the 6th floor of TGU Tower.  I was completely awed when I reached the place.  It reminded me of an avenue in Makati.  I told myself, I think I'll like it here. (photo courtesy of www.asiatownitpark.com)



Basilica del Sto. Niño and Magellan's Cross.  Who could ever miss to visit this church?  After my exam and interview, I immediately rushed to this place and rendered my customary wave to the Holy Child.  I was so hungry at that time so I wasn't able to venerate the miraculous statue.  Instead, I uttered a short prayer of thanksgiving and went to Magellan's Cross.  Cebu has never failed to display Cebuanos' devotion to God as people flocked around the basilica even during lunchtime.





After buying the pasalubong at Shamrock (which is famous for their Otap), I went to SM City to buy my fare ticket going back to Iloilo.  At 6.30PM, the ship left Cebu Port.   This is one curt journey I could never forget.






No comments:

Post a Comment